We are pleased to announce the 2020 OSU Materials Research Seed Grant Program Request for Proposals (RFP). This enhanced seed program leverages resources and best practices of the Center for Emergent Materials (CEM), the Center for Exploration of Novel Complex Materials (ENCOMM), and the Institute for Materials Research (IMR).
The three Funding Tiers of the OSU Materials Research Seed Grant Program are:
Multidisciplinary Team Building Grants
MTBG Grants provide funds up to $60,000/year per award in direct costs, and require one PI and one Co-PI, and may have unfunded collaborators, with the goal of forming multidisciplinary materials research teams that can compete effectively for federal block-funding opportunities, such as the NSF MRSEC program.
Exploratory Materials Research Grants
EMRG provide funds up to $40,000/year per award in direct costs, and require one PI, and may have Co-PIs and/or unfunded collaborators, with the goal of enabling nascent and innovative materials research to emerge to the point of being competitive for external funding.
Interdisciplinary Research Groups
IRG grant proposals are not being requested in this 2020 RFP. The Center for Emergent Materials (CEM): A National Science Foundation funded Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) is currently undergoing a renewal review.
- Request for Proposals Issued: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- MRSGP Open House: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 (3:00pm-5:00pm, IMR Innovation Laboratory, 1381 Kinnear Road, Room 218)
- Letters of Intent Due: Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Notice of MRSGP Appropriateness: Friday, January 10, 2019
- Multidisciplinary Team Building Grants Tier – Mandatory Team Proposal Presentations: January 22, 29, and February 5, 2020 (4:15-5:15 PM, Physics Research Building, Room 4138)
- Proposals Due (All Funding Tiers): Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM
- Awards Announced (anticipated): June 2020
- Funded Projects Start Date (anticipated): Beginning of Autumn Semester, 2020