Hosted by Prof. Rolando Valdez Aguilar graduate student Brandi Wooten, CEM Podcasts were started in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic in an effort to inform and bring the MRSEC community together. Each episode is about 30-45 minutes in length with a featured faculty speaker and topic, described below.
- Episode 1: Prof. Chris Hammel introduces the Center for Emergent Materials (CEM) and the research it funds. Listen as he gives graduate and undergraduate students advice on how to survive and thrive in STEM.
- Episode 2: Prof. Brian Skinner gives us the ‘skinny’ on his blog and featured Physics Today article. He shares his struggles with imposter syndrome and tips for overcoming it.
- Episode 3: Prof. Yuan-Ming Lu talks about his research, his career, and he provided good advice for international graduate students.
- Episode 4: Prof. Kate Ross discusses her history of how she got into physics in Canada, and how to use neutrons to study magnetism.
- Episode 5: Prof. Jos Heremans gives us a tour on a career that has spanned academia, industry, and then back to academia.