The Education Research Program enhances learning by employing proven education research methods and best practices to iteratively design and construct highly effective instructional materials.
Curriculum development for Intro MSE course (Flores, Heckler, Windl)
Robust learning gains documented via controlled experiments.
Over 1500 students (and growing) impacted.
7 peer-reviewed publications, 3 papers in preparation, and 10 national conference presentations.
1 PhD granted (in tenure-track position), another slated for 2015.
- Week-long ASM materials science camp for teachers held at OSU for teachers seeking to teach a materials science elective course at their school.
- 40 teachers/yr. (Over 100 teachers to date)
- Focus on developing/improving High School Materials Science course.
- Year-long Ohio Dept. Ed. funded Math Science Partnership program to increase 9th grade teachers’use of Materials related activities in their physical science courses.
- Heckler Co-PI
- Enhance/adapt ASM Materials Camp for Teachers
- 120 hr year long program
- impacting >25 teachers in multiple year professional development
- >10 teachers lead presentations at the annual Science Education Council of Ohio (SECO) meeting.