The Conference Across MRSEC-PREM Schools is a student-led initiative sponsored by University of California – Santa Barbara (UCSB) and The Ohio State University (OSU) MRSECs with the aim of taking advantage of the wide MRSEC-PREM network to benefit all participating institutes’ students and faculty. The conference was founded as a result of a growing need to network with students from other institutions and learn about their work. Given the collaborative spirit that MRSEC instills in us, we found that it is imperative to expand upon this spirit to become cross-institutional and benefit from each other’s knowledge, network, and industry connections.
When and where?
The conference will be held in Columbus, OH at The Ohio State University’s Center for Emergent Materials (OSU-CEM) on October 13th and 14th. Participants will arrive in Columbus on October 12th.
Why should you attend?
Participating students will benefit from attending the conference through:
- Encouraging and fostering student networking among themselves and with industry
- Introducing different career paths through a career panel that encompasses a variety of career paths such as Industry, academia and national labs
- Offering senior students job opportunities and postdoc positions (this conference will be a chance for career advertising either from industry or from interested research groups)
- Enriching students’ knowledge through a set of academic talks by respected faculty in the field
- Informing students of the various research capabilities and state of the art instruments at the other MRSECs, encouraging students to initiate research collaborations
Who can apply?
How much will it cost?
No registration fees are required to attend the conference. Accommodation at SpringHill Suites (October 12 -14) will be provided free of charge to accepted applicants. For additional travel assistance, please indicate so in the application.
This event is co-sponsored by the University of California – Santa Barbara MRSEC.