It is important that interested applicants verify information listed on this page by checking opportunities at their original sources. CEM is not consistently notified when due dates or conditions change.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Advanced Energy Materials Laboratory in Rhodes Group at Texas State Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Apply here: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/43384
Interested individuals should email email@example.com to find out more information.
When applying, applicants should specify in their cover letter that they are interested in working with Dr. Rhodes. Find out more about the Rhodes Research Group at https://rhodes.wp.txstate.edu/.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Irvin Group at Texas State Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Apply here: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/43384
Interested individuals should email Jennifer.Irvin@txstate.edu to find out more information. When applying, applicants should specify in their cover letter that they are interested in working with Dr. Irvin.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Research Center for Magnetic and Spintronic Materials, Spin Caloritronics group
Apply here: https://www.nims.go.jp/eng/research/magnetic-spintronics/employment/n7co1s000000402j.html
Postdoctoral Researcher in THz spectroscopy of magnetic materials for Prof. Benjamin Jungfleisch and Prof. Lars Gundlach at the University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. The project involves fabrication and characterization of magnonic and spintronic heterostructures. The position’s main focus lies on time-resolved time-domain THz spectroscopy that is employed for investigating the dynamics in novel quantum materials as part of the MRSEC CHARM center at UD.
Applicants should submit a CV, a list of publications, and a list of possible references via this link: https://careers.udel.edu/en-us/job/499705/post-doctoral-researcher-chemistry-biochemistry
Internship at Naval Research Lab
CEM Alum Dr. James Gallagher is seeking a summer intern for summer 2023 at NRL near Washington D.C. Interested applicants should contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, and apply to https://www.nrl.navy.mil/Careers/Students/NREIP/
Postdoctoral and Senior Research Awards
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) under the Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP). We are seeking highly qualified candidates who are U.S. citizens and hold, or anticipate earning, a doctorate in a variety of fields of science or engineering.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
Applicants should contact prospective AFRL, AFIT and USAFA Research Adviser(s) at the lab(s) prior to the application deadline to discuss their research interests and funding opportunities.For detailed program information, to search for AFRL, AFIT, and USAFA Research Opportunities, and to contact prospective Research Adviser(s), visit www.nas.edu/afstfp.
For undergraduates seeking research opportunities more generally within OSU, the best way to find a research position is to meet with faculty directly (Research groups don’t post positions through OSU).
- Look into the faculty at OSU and the research they conduct. Interested in the MRSEC? Visit out our People page.
- Meet with professors about their research and projects; share your enthusiasm and skills!
- Network with students and faculty at events. It’s a great way to learn more about a group or project and get involved.
- CEM Coffee Hour, Wednesdays at 3:30, PRB Second Floor Bridge
- Physics T.E.A. (Talking, Eating, Action), Thursdays at 3:00, PRB Commons
- Astro Coffee, each morning at 10:30 in the Astronomy Conference Room (4054 McPherson)
Postdoctoral Research Associate of Physics at Brown University
The Nanoscale Physics and Devices Lab led by Professor Gang Xiao in the Department of Physics at Brown University is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to perform research on spintronic physics and devices.
Applicants must have completed, or be close to completing, a PhD in physics or other closely related field such as materials science.
Research Scientist Positions at Air Force Research Lab:
Magneto-Optics/Dynamics, Thin Film Growth, and Device Nanofabrication
CEM Alum Dr. Michael Page is seeking to fill three research scientist positions at Air Force Research Lab in Dayton, OH. Interested applicants should apply, and can contact him at email@example.com
Sonera is developing novel sensing technology for high-performance, non-invasive brain-computer interfaces, with the goal of connecting minds and machines. Our mission is to democratize access to the brain by capturing the power of massive machines in ubiquitous devices. We are building a team of technical experts and visionaries who are driven by the opportunity to make a transformative impact on the world.
We are looking for an outstanding, hands-on scientist or engineer with an in-depth materials science knowledge, to join our sensor development efforts. Work will focus on sputtering, characterization and iterative optimization of the magnetic materials and stacks used in our system – both on bare substrates as well as on functional sensor devices. The ideal candidate will have experience with sputter deposition and advanced characterization of magnetic thin films, at both DC and RF frequencies, as well as a strong technical understanding of magnetism, magnetoelectronics and magnetization dynamics. This person should be confident in taking on project management responsibilities, and comfortable with creative problem solving in a startup environment.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
ERC Advanced Grant on Magnetoelectric Materials
A Postdoc position is available at the “Group of Smart Nanoengineered Materials, Nanomechanics and Nanomagnetism (Gnm3)” of the Physics Department at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that will investigate how to make magnetic data in computers, cell phones or credit cards “invisible” by applying electric voltage for anti-hacking and anti-counterfeiting applications. The project has been recently awarded 2.5 M€ by the European Research Council. Since it is a high-risk/high-gain research programme, we need candidates with an outstanding CV and, more importantly, a high degree of ambition and motivation, and with good personal qualities to work in our Team. The duration of the appointment is 2 years, with the possibility to be further extended.
Additional requirements for a stronger application are:
– Previous expertise on sputtering and other thin-film deposition techniques.
– Previous knowledge on magnetic materials and magnetoelectric actuation in general.
– Outstanding level in English, in particular for scientific writing (publications and projects).
Active job postings can be found here.
Prof. Yishu Wang’s Quantum Magnetism and Devices Research Group in University of Tennessee Knoxville (UTK) is offering multiple openings for postdocs and graduate students with academic background in Physics, Materials Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Please contact Yishu at firstname.lastname@example.org to further discuss research opportunities.
Assistant Professor, Theoretical Physics of Quantum Matter or Non-Equilibrium Phenomena at CSU-LB
Effective Date: August 17, 2023 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin November 4, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
More information here.
- Online Spintronics Jobs postings
- AAAS Resume Writing for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- OSU Engineering Career Services
- OSU Arts and Sciences Career Services
- Physicaloxy.com leading academic portal for careers of professors, lecturers, researchers and academic managers worldwide
- Undergraduate Research Scholar Awards OSU scholarships for $1000 with deadlines at the beginning of every month
- Science Policy Fellowships (AAAS)
- AAAS Individual Development Plan (IDP) matches participants to careers by comparing skills, interests, values with professionals in career categories.
- The Minority Science Writers Internship Program for undergraduates interested in journalism as a career and science writing.
- DOE Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) Program Outstanding graduate students spend 3-12 months conducting part of their thesis/dissertation research at a DOE national lab. Stipend up to $3,000/month; travel reimbursement to/from the DOE laboratory up to $2,000.