It is important that interested applicants verify information listed on this page by checking opportunities at their original sources. CEM is not consistently notified when due dates or conditions change.
Employment and Fellowship
Check back soon!
For undergraduates seeking research opportunities more generally within OSU, the best way to find a research position is to meet with faculty directly (Research groups don’t post positions through OSU).
- Look into the faculty at OSU and the research they conduct. Interested in the MRSEC? Visit out our People page.
- Meet with professors about their research and projects; share your enthusiasm and skills!
- Network with students and faculty at events. It’s a great way to learn more about a group or project and get involved.
- CEM Coffee Hour, Wednesdays at 3:30, PRB Second Floor Bridge
- Physics T.E.A. (Talking, Eating, Action), Thursdays at 3:00, PRB Commons
- Astro Coffee, each morning at 10:30 in the Astronomy Conference Room (4054 McPherson)
- Four positions available in the Sinova Group at the Institute of Physics at the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
- Information on position in Computational position opening in Sinova-group SPIN+X Project_May2020 (two positions open)
- Information on position in Topological Transport in Strongly Correlated Magnetic Systems (one position open)
- Information on position in Topological Strongly Correlated Magnetic Systems (B05) (one positions open)
- Postdoc opening in the labs of CEM faculty member Vicky Doan-Nguyen
- The position will work on development of screening algorithm, synthesis, and characterization of materials with exotic quantum properties. The research will be focused on solid-state materials synthesis, structural characterization (i.e. X-ray, neutron diffraction), and programming (if applicant has programming background) for materials with topologically protected states. The project involves synthesis and characterization of known materials as well as synthesis development of new materials.
- For more information and application instructions, please visit the Doan-Nguyen Group website.
Check back soon!
- Physicaloxy.com leading academic portal for careers of professors, lecturers, researchers and academic managers worldwide
- AAAS Resume Writing for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- OSU Engineering Career Services
- OSU Arts and Sciences Career Services
- Undergraduate Research Scholar Awards OSU scholarships for $1000 with deadlines at the beginning of every month
- Science Policy Fellowships (AAAS)
- AAAS Individual Development Plan (IDP) matches participants to careers by comparing skills, interests, values with professionals in career categories.
- The Minority Science Writers Internship Program for undergraduates interested in journalism as a career and science writing.
- DOE Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) Program Outstanding graduate students spend 3-12 months conducting part of their thesis/dissertation research at a DOE national lab. Stipend up to $3,000/month; travel reimbursement to/from the DOE laboratory up to $2,000.