It is important that interested applicants verify information listed on this page by checking opportunities at their original sources. CEM is not consistently notified when due dates or conditions change.
Employment and Fellowship
- The SCGSR program provides doctoral dissertation/thesis research opportunities for graduate students at DOE national laboratories. Applications are due 5:00pm Eastern Time on November 12, 2020.
- Applications are strongly encouraged in 4 new transdisciplinary research areas including Microelectronics, Data Science, Conservation Laws and Symmetries, and Accelerator Science.
- Physics Application Deadline: Thursday, October 19-22 at 5:00pm
For undergraduates seeking research opportunities more generally within OSU, the best way to find a research position is to meet with faculty directly (Research groups don’t post positions through OSU).
- Look into the faculty at OSU and the research they conduct. Interested in the MRSEC? Visit out our People page.
- Meet with professors about their research and projects; share your enthusiasm and skills!
- Network with students and faculty at events. It’s a great way to learn more about a group or project and get involved.
- CEM Coffee Hour, Wednesdays at 3:30, PRB Second Floor Bridge
- Physics T.E.A. (Talking, Eating, Action), Thursdays at 3:00, PRB Commons
- Astro Coffee, each morning at 10:30 in the Astronomy Conference Room (4054 McPherson)
- Kavli Institute at Cornell (KIC) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- KIC Postdoctoral Fellowship are high-profile, two to three year postdoctoral positions with significant independence and resources. The KIC Fellows program is designed to attract the best and brightest young researchers in nanoscale science to Cornell, and previous KIC Fellows have gone on to professorships at major universities around the world. Fellows will work in partnership with Cornell faculty sponsors on projects consistent with the KIC mission. Applications will be judged on the qualifications of the candidate, the quality and originality of the proposed research, and its suitability to the KIC mission.
- A KIC Fellow application must have at least two Cornell faculty sponsors, as well as the pre-approval of a KIC executive committee member.
- Application for Associate Research Scholar – Center for the Physics of Biological Function
- The Center for the Physics of Biological Function (CPBF), a joint effort between Princeton University and The Graduate Center of the City University of New York, is searching for Center Fellows, both theorists and experimentalists.
- Fellows should be prepared to take advantage of the full collaborative research and mentoring opportunities at the Center, and must have completed their PhDs in a relevant field before starting the position. Appointment will be at Associate Research Scholar rank; salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. Appointments will be through the Department of Physics. Appointments are for one year, with the expectation of reappointment pending satisfactory performance and continued funding, up to a total of three years.
- We expect new Fellows to join us for the Fall semester of 2021; start dates as early as February 2021 are possible. For fullest consideration, all application materials should be received by October 1, 2020, 11:59 pm eastern time.
- Postdoc Position with University of Delaware Quantum Materials Engineering Group
- The candidate should have a Ph.D degree in physics, materials science or engineering, or a related discipline. Experience in quantum systems (NVs, atoms/ions, quantum dots, etc.), optics, condensed matter systems (especially 2D materials), cryogenic experiment, and/or nano-fabrication is advantageous. The successful candidate should be able to independently formulate research direction and methodology and work collaboratively in a team.
- Interested candidate should submit a curriculum vitae and a list of three references to Mark Ku (firstname.lastname@example.org). Application is open until the position is filled.
- Postdoc Position with Applied Spintronics the University of Gothenburg
- The candidate will have to: work in the cleanroom facility and learn how to fabricate nano/microscale devices; characterization on different levels from thin-film properties to magnetic and electrical behavior of thin films and devices are needed to understand the underlying phenomena; perform a wide variety of electrical, microwave, magnetic, and optical measurements; the details will, however depend on the background, interest, and capacity of the final candidate.
- More details can be found here
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics Postdoctoral Research positions
- Apply by November 9, 2020
- For more information visit their website.
Check back soon!
- Physicaloxy.com leading academic portal for careers of professors, lecturers, researchers and academic managers worldwide
- AAAS Resume Writing for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- OSU Engineering Career Services
- OSU Arts and Sciences Career Services
- Undergraduate Research Scholar Awards OSU scholarships for $1000 with deadlines at the beginning of every month
- Science Policy Fellowships (AAAS)
- AAAS Individual Development Plan (IDP) matches participants to careers by comparing skills, interests, values with professionals in career categories.
- The Minority Science Writers Internship Program for undergraduates interested in journalism as a career and science writing.
- DOE Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) Program Outstanding graduate students spend 3-12 months conducting part of their thesis/dissertation research at a DOE national lab. Stipend up to $3,000/month; travel reimbursement to/from the DOE laboratory up to $2,000.