It is important that interested applicants verify due dates listed on this page by checking opportunities at their original sources. CEM is not consistently notified when due dates or conditions change.
- Limited Submission and Scholarly Prize Opportunities
- OSU Connect and Collaborate Grants Program multiple and diverse funding opportunities to catalyze engaged, collaborative teaching and research.
- SPIN Sponsored Funding Database (access through OSU)
- Ohio Third Frontier – support innovation, commercialization and capital/talent in Ohio
- IMR Industry Challenge Grants – to strengthen new collaborations between OSU and private industry partners. No deadline; proposals accepted all year
- Travel Grants through the OSU Office of University Outreach & Engagement – offered yearly to students, faculty, staff to attend conferences (yearly in March)
- Travel Awards through the OSU Postdoc Association – offered semesterly for postdocs, research associates, research scientists, and visiting scholars to attend conferences and other professional development events.
- NSF: Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers (MRSEC)
LOI Deadline: June 24, 2019
Full Proposal Deadline: November 26, 2019
To be considered to join the CEM’s MRSEC proposal effort, please see our RFP.
- NSF: Leading Engineering for America’s Prosperity, Health, and Infrastructure (LEAP HI)
LOI Deadline: July 15, annually
Full Proposal Deadline: September 1-15, annually
- NSF: Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering (CDS&E)
Proposals accepted annually September 1-15.
- NSF: Condensed Matter and Materials Theory
Proposals Accepted Anytime
Program Solicitation: NSF 18-500
- NSF: Topical Materials Research Programs in the Division of Materials Research (DMR)
Now accepts proposals at any time
- NSF: Early-concept Grants for Exploratory Research (EAGER)
Proposals can be submitted throughout the year
- NSF: Electronics, Photonics and Magnetic Devices (EPMD) Program
Proposals accepted annually from October 1-November 1