It is important that interested applicants verify due dates listed on this page by checking opportunities at their original sources. CEM is not consistently notified when due dates or conditions change.
- Limited Submission and Scholarly Prize Opportunities
- OSU Connect and Collaborate Grants Program multiple and diverse funding opportunities to catalyze engaged, collaborative teaching and research.
- SPIN Sponsored Funding Database (access through OSU)
- Ohio Third Frontier – support innovation, commercialization and capital/talent in Ohio
- IMR Industry Challenge Grants – to strengthen new collaborations between OSU and private industry partners. No deadline; proposals accepted all year
- IMR Kickstart Facility Grants– provide $2,500 to assist Ohio State University faculty with facility user access fees and related minor charges associated with conducting innovative materials-allied research with the goal of obtaining external research funding. Proposals are accepted every spring, fall, and winter.
- Travel Grants through the OSU Office of University Outreach & Engagement – offered yearly to students, faculty, staff to attend conferences (yearly in March)
- Travel Awards through the OSU Postdoc Association – offered semesterly for postdocs, research associates, research scientists, and visiting scholars to attend conferences and other professional development events.
- Major Research Instrumentation Program (MRI): Limited Submission- OSU Internal Call
Internal Intent Date: February 16, 2019
Sponsor Due Date: 1/17/2020
Start Date: 2/21/2020
- MacArthur Foundation 100&Change Competition: Limited Submission OSU Internal Call
Information Session: May 3, 2019 from 12:30-2:00 p.m. at OSU
Internal Selection Submission Date: May 31, 2019
Sponsor Registration Deadline: July 16, 2019
Sponsor Application Due Date: August 6, 2019
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Trustworthy and Secure Semiconductors and Systems
White Paper Deadline: May 2, 2019 by 3:00 p.m.
Full Proposal Deadline: July 9, 2019 by 3:00 p.m.
- NSF: Quantum Leap Challenge Institutes
LOIs for Conceptualization Grant Proposals Due: April 1, 2019
LOIs for Round I QLCI Proposals Due: June 3, 2019
Program Solicitation: NSF 19-559
- APS: Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Fundamental Physics Innovation Awards
Applications are accepted anytime, but are reviewed on a cyclic basis
January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15)
- NSF: Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers (MRSEC)
LOI Deadline: June 24, 2019
Full Proposal Deadline: November 26, 2019
To be considered to join the CEM’s MRSEC proposal effort, please see our RFP.
- NSF: Leading Engineering for America’s Prosperity, Health, and Infrastructure (LEAP HI)
LOI Deadline: July 15, annually
Full Proposal Deadline: September 1-15, annually
- NSF: Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering (CDS&E)
Proposals accepted annually September 1-15.
- NSF: Condensed Matter and Materials Theory
Proposals Accepted Anytime
Program Solicitation: NSF 18-500
- NSF: Topical Materials Research Programs in the Division of Materials Research (DMR)
Now accepts proposals at any time
- NSF: Early-concept Grants for Exploratory Research (EAGER)
Proposals can be submitted throughout the year
- NSF: Electronics, Photonics and Magnetic Devices (EPMD) Program
Proposals accepted annually from October 1-November 1